WORKSHOPS & TRAINING
I love to teach photography and share my experience; and I delight in helping others to achieve extraordinary results that surpass their expectations. I offer training and mentoring to photographers at all stages of their journey, from beginners to experienced professionals. We are all born with an innate imagination and I love to unlock creativity in others and build skills and confidence.
"Jackie has opened my eyes to the world of photography and what it takes to create beautiful photographs. She delivers the content with clarity and a real passion for her profession. Thank you, Jackie, for opening my eyes to the world of taking great photographs!"
I’ve been a full-time photographer since 2008 and have been teaching and mentoring almost since I began. Previously I worked as a business consultant; and when I took up photography professionally I found that my consulting skills were of huge benefit in training others to get the most from their photography.
Although I haven’t always been a professional photographer, I started at a young age as my parents were keen amateurs. From my earliest days I loved cameras and was always involved in the exciting, and very exacting, business of developing and printing photographs at home. This gave me a strong sense of what to look for and how to create images with striking composition and perfect exposure.
For inspiration and to deepen my knowledge and experience I invest continually in my own training and development. I am a member of the Society for Wedding and Portrait Photographers as well as the Newborn Art Academy.
My photography has been featured in a variety of international publications such as Marie Claire, Travel + Leisure Magazine and I was Finalist for Travel Photographer of the Year.
The training I design is practical, informative and fun! I provide tools and techniques to boost your confidence, unlock your natural creativity and find your own expression in photography. All my workshops and consultations are tailored to your requirements and objectives. They can be organised as stand-alone sessions, or as part of a multi-series programme covering a range of goals and objectives.
I offer online and face-to-face workshops, training and mentoring.
I also run public photography training around London, including wildlife photography workshops every month for the WWT London Wetland Centre in Barnes and photography courses for the Langdon Down Centre in Teddington.
Please do give me a call or request a callback to find out more – I’d love to hear from you. I’m based in Teddington, southwest London, conveniently located for public transport and with parking directly outside.
Taking your photography to the next level:
- Teaching a wide variety of skills and principles of photography, including camera control, lighting, posing and how to achieve your photographic objectives, using on-line platforms such as Zoom
Face to face Workshops
- On location, in a studio, or as appropriate
- Informative and collaborative, ensuring you get the most from your time
- For individuals and groups, covering an extensive range of themes and topics
Mentoring and coaching
- Tailored 1:1 mentoring sessions where we look in depth at your goals and obstacles and help you to achieve your photographic objectives
- Practical, hands-on teaching to build your experience and confidence
- Bookings in blocks of a half or full day
One-off Personal Consultations
- Personal consultation to focus on your objectives, discuss any aspect of your photography and to generate new ideas
- Can be one-off, or part of a series of tailored consultations building towards a greater objective
COMMISSIONS & PUBLICATIONS
My photography has been featured in a variety of international magazines and publications including Marie Claire, Travel + Leisure, and the Bangkok Post Magazine.